Saturday 31 March 2012

2 weeks… my precious


March 16th - my last day with Thomson Reuters… No more 1-2-1s…. counseling sessions… management.... reports...performance appraisals… interviews… Go bananas at the bay… long walks... complaining about some things….laughing out to glory, late at night….my team… Huh… I do miss a few things!


When I chose to bid goodbye to TR, I did not know what I wanted from life post that… I only knew that my family needs more of my time…. That was it...

I was worried if I’d be able to stay at home doing nothing for long… Knowing me… it’s a BIG NO! :)

When I was all low late last December, someone told me 'good things happen to good people' ;) and VMware happened right on time! Now am all excited to move into this new phase… to work with old friends and to start learning new skills…

However these 2 weeks, I realized many things…. Corporate life and socializing keeps us soooo busy that we ignore the many small things that I now call actual happiness…

It was ages since I sat on the verandah & spoke to dad for hours…. Made tea for mom when she came back from work & asked her how her day was… heard all my sister's stories, about her college & her friends…. Observed Satya silently when he worked on his laptop or watched tv....listened to my grandma and smiled while she cribbed…spent one full day with my little niece playing, dancing & running around……

How did I miss all this & for what???

Life has a lot to offer…. only if we choose to see it….

Difficult as it may be, please put all your work behind when you swipe your badge at the office reception as you leave for the day....Spend quality time with your folks...To be honest... a family is what you make it, we can still alter our directions to make time for our loved ones.... I did!!!


6 comments:

  1. Best of luck for your new role Priyanka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope life smiles at you always, just the way you smile at it.. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yet another good one!!! you shud be a writer :) its really good :) i miss you at work.. so was reading all your blog :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kawsar... Good luck to u toooo for ur new job... God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liji .. my darling... I miss u too... will come n see u sometime next week... hugs...

    ReplyDelete